Welcome to BESS v1.5!
This upgrade includes user experience features and improved scoring for mixed-use projects.
The changes that went live on 20 February 2017 include:
- automatic saving and updating of results
- more interim results in energy and water, including potable water consumption, hot water energy consumption and clothes drying energy consumption
- updated Tool Notes and help info
- revised workflow for submitting completed assessments
- improved validation - some calculations won't run until required data is entered
- scoring weighted by area of each building type.
BESS scoring has been updated to better reflect the composition of developments with multiple building classes. This change was part of the update to v1.5 and the score of your unpublished projects may change.
Scoring is now weighted by area of each building type (e.g. shop, dwellings).
This means that commitments and calculations related to building types with a high proportion of floor area have a higher impact on the score in a credit and within a category.
Existing and new projects
New projects - will be created in the latest version (v1.5)
Existing draft v1.4 projects - will be automatically upgraded to the latest version (v1.5) when you make any changes to the project. Your project score may change.
Existing draft v1.3 projects - as before, you will be asked if you want to upgrade the project to v1.5 when you open the project. You can keep the project as v1.3 if you wish, though this is not recommended as existing v1.3 bugs will remain.
Existing published v1.4 projects - you will be able to view and print your project as v1.4. If you copy the project as a new version, the project will be upgraded to the latest version (v1.5) and your project score may change.
Existing published v1.3 projects - as before, you will be able to view and print your project as v1.3. If you copy the project as a new version, the project will be upgraded to the latest version (v1.5) and your project score may change.